Talk

Advanced search

Pork Belly Slices - have 6. How should I cook them?

(11 Posts)
PortofinoRevisited Fri 07-Mar-14 19:27:55

Hoping to use them for Sunday dinner rather than BBQ sauce type recipe, but can be flexible...Any good ideas?

Barbeasty Fri 07-Mar-14 19:36:59

This Nigella recipe is delicious.

You can vary it by adding different herbs etc, but it's delicious as is.

PortofinoRevisited Fri 07-Mar-14 20:00:33

Ooh that looks lovely!

spilttheteaagain Fri 07-Mar-14 20:48:32

Long and slow basically! Oven or slow cooker should be fine.

Hoppinggreen Fri 07-Mar-14 22:33:59

I slow cook them and add to stew made from butter beans, chorizo, tomato, garlic and herbs

BoffinMum Fri 07-Mar-14 22:35:23

Sear them with 6 scallops and a few slices of black pudding.

forgetdieting Sat 08-Mar-14 13:50:05

Basic stuff. We like to slow roast or slow braise basically - cider's good for added flavour. Effortless really.

PortofinoRevisited Sat 08-Mar-14 21:35:23

Given how much meat costs in Belgium - 3 euros for 6 slices is super bargain, so I am going to try the Nigella recipe I think. Long and slow. I hear ye.

HeyNonny Sun 09-Mar-14 17:33:27

If you use a slow cooker for pork belly slices, what do you do with them - brown them first? Add stuff in with them, and if so, what?

Hopping do you make the stew separately? It sounds nice but I don't think I could be faffed with slow cooker and casserole on the go at the same time!

Alchemist Sun 09-Mar-14 17:42:59

Hopping that sounds like, the one and only time I have cooked pork belly, the recipe I used-ish. I think I added paprika but that's because I had it. I remember it being really nice.

I have some pork belly in the freezer. You have inspired me!

bishbashboosh Sun 09-Mar-14 18:14:05

So jealous! I do mine low and slow with salt and pepper and finish off under the grill to crisp up! Divine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now