Talk

Advanced search

It's pancake day

(7 Posts)
Saracarbonera Tue 04-Mar-14 08:23:20

How many of you are going to be making pancakes today?
How are you making them and what fillings are you going to put in them.
Here we all like different fillings. DD is traditional and likes them with lemon and sugar, DS prefers them savory with ham and cheese, DH with Nutella and I like with a naice jam.
We will have them tonight for tea.
How are you going to have your pancakes today?

whereisthewitch Tue 04-Mar-14 08:27:21

We've had them for breakfast on Saturday and on Sunday smile

My fail safe recipe is 100g of flour, 200ml of milk and an egg.

butter and sugar is the only thing I have on them...yum!

WinterHasRuinedMyFace Tue 04-Mar-14 08:29:11

There will definitely be plenty of pancakes here! DH has requested maple syrup and pecan nuts, I'm trying to decide if there's enough Nutella left in the jar or if I should buy some more for me, and dd is 7mo so should I be looking at a low sugar healthy topping for her...? Maybe she can have fruit or something on hers. Mmmmmm pancakes smile

Givemeyouranswerdo Tue 04-Mar-14 08:29:43

Yesterday I practised with mashed avocado and feta, also mashed banana and nutella. Today for breakfast I had boring snoring lemon juice and brown sugar. I'm just using up stuff (kind of the point with lent, ha ha). I have chicken and mushroom and peppers to chomp on later. I'm having a bit of a pancake thing right now. Ooh, creme fraiche beckons, maybe frozen berries to go with that...

Hopelass Tue 04-Mar-14 08:29:57

I wasn't going to but have realised I've got two eggs I need to use up so may as well! I'll have lemon and sugar and DH will probably have either golden syrup or Nutella.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogroves Tue 04-Mar-14 08:30:21

Yes, definitely. I use Delia Smith's recipe, which is straightforward and always works. I like them with lemon juice and a little jam. We've got some maple syrup so I might try a bit of that tonight for a change. I never think of making savoury fillings. I love those, but not on Shrove Tuesday for some reason.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 04-Mar-14 08:34:45

allrecipes.co.uk/m/recipe/22467/traditional-scotch-pancake.aspx we had scotch pancakes. dd had butter and jam, ds had peanut butter, Nutella and strawberry sauce (he had 3 pancakes with different toppings). We live in Scotland don't like the English style pancakes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now