Talk

Advanced search

turning veggie sausages and burgers into something else

(8 Posts)
kentishgirl Mon 03-Mar-14 14:14:46

Hi

any ideas for what I can do with some veggies sausages and burgers that are in freezer? OH won't eat them as they are, so want to turn them into something else/incorporate them somehow into another meal. I was thinking I could make a sort of savoury crumble topping for cauli cheese or fish or similar? Any other ideas please? (we do eat meat)

bonzo77 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:24:05

i make the sausages into sausage rolls with shop bought puff pastry, cook them then refreeze for lunch boxes.

NorbertDentressangle Mon 03-Mar-14 14:28:31

The sausages can be chopped up into small 'meatballs', added to a tomato-based spicy sauce and served with spaghetti or pasta.

ThatBloodyWoman Mon 03-Mar-14 14:29:49

Sausage casserole?

ThatBloodyWoman Mon 03-Mar-14 14:30:14

Chicken stuffing?

trainersandaches Mon 03-Mar-14 14:50:03

We have them in sausage cassserole and they are lovely. Otherwise, perhaps add into felafel mix or ground into chilli?

kentishgirl Tue 04-Mar-14 11:44:12

Ta for all the suggestions.

I'm making sausage casserole tonight with meat sausages, and I might try doing half and half with the veggie ones instead. Tunring them into stuffing and 'meatballs' also great ideas. Sausage rolls, hmmm, maybe, we don't often eat pastry.

TickledOnion Tue 04-Mar-14 13:46:02

I chop up veggie sausages and add them to stir fry with a nice sauce, lots of veg and noodles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now