Talk

Advanced search

DIY yoghurt with wholegrain?

(3 Posts)
forcookssake Sun 02-Mar-14 21:00:00

I've started making my own yoghurt and all is going well...but I want to replicate the Onken wholegrain biopot, but I don't know which grains to toss in, or indeed where to buy them confused
Has anyone cracked this already? TIA if so!

anja1cam Sun 02-Mar-14 21:29:01

All this yoghurt talk tonight...

Anyway, I tend to soak a helping of wholewheat muesli (Sainsbury or Dorset cereal) in the fridge overnight (in water or skimmed milk), and then mix into my yoghurt in the morning. For grains the easiest available would be rolled oats (not porridge oats), or rye flakes. Avoid more finely milled stuff like Swiss-style muesli or porridge oats. As most muesli have other bits already added, I like ones with nuts and raisins but not most other fruit, esp banana chips turn out vile when soaked grin, oh and dates...

Other seeds like linseed, sunflower and pumpkin seed are nice too. I would always soak them for a couple of hours, at least the grains, but if you're after a more crunchy experience... In any case, add them after you have made the yogurt.

For whole grains I'd look in healthfod or wholefood shops and experiment... Pinhead oats strike me as another widely available option.

forcookssake Mon 03-Mar-14 21:50:10

thanks anja smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now