Talk

Advanced search

Puddings / Sweets / Desserts - any ideas?

(7 Posts)
BackforGood Sun 02-Mar-14 19:11:55

Hi Ladies. We are holding a Pudding Party as a fundraiser soon - working it so that people buy tickets then come along and try several different puddings.
I was wondering if anyone could inspire me with simple I'm not reknowned as a cook , foolproof ideas that I could add to my list.

I'm already doing (or, lets be honest, a few people have offered) :
pavlova, syrup/treacle sponge, apple pie, plum crumble, fruit salad, a carrot cake.......

Any ideas for things I could make to add to the variety please ?
I thought cheesecake would be nice but am worried that would be tricky to make?
I wondered about some sort of mousse ?
Also concerned I don't seem to have any chocolate in there shock

muffinmonster Sun 02-Mar-14 19:35:01

I think a cheesecake would be an excellent addition to what you've listed here, and it doesn't haveto be difficult. I've made this one many times - it's really easy. secrettkitchen.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/delicious-light-and-fluffy-baked-raspberry-cheesecake/

You could make it even easier by using a ready-made raspberry puree/coulis/whatever on the top.

AS for chocolate - what about a chocolate mousse? Or chocolate brownies with cream or ice cream?

addictedtosugar Sun 02-Mar-14 19:43:49

chocolate mouse its also eggless, so less issues with raw eggs.

I agree its lacking in the chocolate department.

What about a self saucing chocolate pudding - basically a chocolate cake mixture, with a syrup of cocoa, sugar and water poured over the top before baking to form a sort of custard at the bottom? You'd need to google a recipe, or I could type mine in

Dolallytats Sun 02-Mar-14 19:51:23

What about a lemon drizzle cake? Tana Ramsey does one that is lovely.

Snowdown Sun 02-Mar-14 19:51:50

Chocolate brownies - Jamie Oliver's recipe is a fabulous balance of cake and fudge.

Chocolate tart - make it easier and use a biscuit base. Chocolate & orange tart.

Chocolate truffles

Sticky toffee pudding

You could do with something lemony - lemon tart, lemon meringue pie, lemon drizzle cake, lemon shortbread with vanilla ice cream, lemon sorbet with buttery shortbread.

School dinners style cornflake tart or treacle tart with mascarpone, ginger pudding or ginger cake with custard.

BackforGood Sun 02-Mar-14 22:59:10

Sorry - got called away.....

Thank you ladies - I knew MN would know...... am liking the chocolate ideas, and yes - I forgot lemon! Can't believe it, I love all things lemon (I've never got on with the 'drizzle' in lemon drizzle cake though confused - any tips?)

Mmmmm - I used to love that ginger sponge with icing on they did at school.

Anyone recommend a particular site for me to search for some of these recipes? I can see myself spending hours googling and never getting round to doing much making grin

BackforGood Mon 03-Mar-14 15:03:29

Any ideas from the day time folk ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now