Talk

Advanced search

Large piece of pork. Slow cooker or will it be a bit soggy?

(4 Posts)
nkf Sat 01-Mar-14 15:18:17

I want to do it in the slow cooker so I can go out, but I like that pulled pork taste. If I cooked it in the slow cooker and then wacked it in the oven for a bit when I got home, would it work?

ouryve Sat 01-Mar-14 15:24:37

Would be fine for pork shoulder. You might get some of the flavour by browning it in a frying pan, first.

nkf Sat 01-Mar-14 15:25:17

Brown it, slow cooker it and then over in? That's doable.

BNmum Sat 01-Mar-14 15:44:13

I put pork shoulder in he slow cooker all the time and it's delicious. I put the joint in with a couple of cm of water, cook it all day when I'm out. When I return I remove fat, add salt and put in oven for crackling, drain juices from slow cooker and make gravy with that, wrap joint in tinfoil until rest of veg, crackling, gravy is ready. The meat just falls apart.

You don't have to do a traditional meat & 2 veg recipe e.g. You could remove joint when back in house and take away any fat, put juices in a jug, pull joint apart and then put meat back in slow cooker with some hoi sin, chilli flakes, some of the stock etc and have it with brown rice or noodles.

I feeling pretty hungry right now and envious of your dinner, I hope it works out. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now