Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a good enchiladas recipe?

(6 Posts)
Toowittoowoo Fri 28-Feb-14 09:16:46

I keep seeing people on MN talking about enchiladas being useful for being made in advance or frozen. I've only tried to make it once a few years ago and it seemed like a lot of work and wasn't a great success.

I quite fancy trying again but I've looked online and the recipes vary greatly.

can anyone give me any hints? What is supposed to go inside the wraps? Also do I need to used corn tortillas?

mrspremise Fri 28-Feb-14 17:17:13

I do potato enchiladas; cheesy mash with chilli (either powered or fresh, depending on state of cupboard/fridge) wrapped in tortillas (and I usually use flour ones), laid in an ovenproof dish, covered with spicy tomato sauce and then with cheese.

sharond101 Fri 28-Feb-14 21:27:58

fry a finely chopped red onion and pepper in some oil until beginning to soften, add in turkey mince (approximately 100g per person) and cook until done (around 8-10minutes). Add some frozen peas or sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes more. Spoon in 2 heaped tbsp red pesto and 1tbsp tomato puree. You can add 25g grated cheese if liked here (we don't as DH hates cheese). Spoon into tortillas and roll up. Slice in half and put into baking tin. Top with HM tomato sauce and/or grated cheese. Bake until golden on top at 180degrees (approx 10-15mins).

sharond101 Fri 28-Feb-14 21:29:48

the pepper is a vegetable pepper not the condiment.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 01-Mar-14 10:10:12

we tend to use the old el paso jar for enchiladas and it uses mince. We add a tin of kidney beans to the mix too. Sometimes we will use leftover chilli con carne in the tortillas to save us making up the proper enchilada sauce.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 01-Mar-14 10:10:50

p.s. we tend to use flour tortillas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now