Talk

Advanced search

Best vegan cookbook

(16 Posts)
AmericasTorturedBrow Mon 24-Feb-14 06:19:12

We eat mainly vegetarian and slowly moving to mostly vegan diet, fairly decent cook but need some ideas and a pretty new cookbook

Recommendations?

crispsanddips Mon 24-Feb-14 06:23:24

The China Study cookbook.

I get most of my recipes from the internet though, but I have heard that one is good.

Redpriestandmozart Mon 24-Feb-14 11:27:47

Appetite for Reduction and Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz are both good but ^^ as said most of my recipes are from the internet. I have got to the stage where I can veganise most of my family recipes so while I have loads of cookery books I rarely use them. My one gripe with most vegan cookery books is the lack of photos sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 24-Feb-14 12:58:39

Can I thread hijack please and ask for vegan baking book suggestions? smile

AmericasTorturedBrow Mon 24-Feb-14 14:57:34

yeha to be honest I get a lot of recipes already online and it's hard to veganise our current menu but I'm a bit stuck in a rut and love having a good cookbook with lots of pictures to flick through and try

Would you recommend Veganomican over Isa Does It?

figgypuddings Mon 24-Feb-14 15:01:33

Anyone have this book? I love her online cake recipes.

trainersandaches Mon 24-Feb-14 15:26:18

I love Chloe's Vegan Desserts by Chloe Coscarelli (tho it's American and the recipes are on the sweet side).

AmericasTorturedBrow Mon 24-Feb-14 15:32:37

I love her online recipes figgypuddings and though her blog is annoyingly irritating I actually quite like her too so thinking of ordering hers or Isa's

figgypuddings Mon 24-Feb-14 17:20:25

OMG! I am making this tonight because the Winter Olympics have finished.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 24-Feb-14 18:41:01

So what are a Graham crackers and where do I get them from? smile

figgypuddings Mon 24-Feb-14 18:43:05

I don't know what they are so used some muesli instead. It is just heavenly. smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 24-Feb-14 18:50:33

Oh ok. Will give that a go then. They do sound delicious. Where are you, I might nip around...smile

NitramAtTheKrap Mon 24-Feb-14 18:58:16

Ms cupcake: the naughtiest vegan cakes in town. Yum, but I usually cut the sugar down a bit

figgypuddings Mon 24-Feb-14 19:30:17

I'm near Muckle Flugga, Jilted wink
It might all be gone by the time the next ferry arrives...

CecyHall Mon 24-Feb-14 19:38:46

I like Appetite For Reduction best, but no desserts (I think as it's a low cal book the rationale is, if you are having dessert then have it properly).

Was not inspired by Isa Does It at all, really regret buying it.

Veganonimcon is a fairly good all rounder.

A great resource for cookbook advice is the PPK forums- they have a cookbook forum with masses of books listed with pics and mini reviews of peoples hits and misses and tips etc.

AmericasTorturedBrow Mon 24-Feb-14 20:40:00

oh no cecy that's my winning idea out - it has such great amazon reviews!

Graham Crackers are these weird savoury biscuit/cracker things you only get in America...personally think the closest thing is oatcakes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now