Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with my George Foreman grill?

(9 Posts)
DaleyBump Sun 23-Feb-14 15:44:12

I've done marinated chicken, toasties and homemade burgers but now I'm stuck. Anyone have any good recipes?

summerlovingliz Sun 23-Feb-14 19:55:19

Pork chops with honey and whole grain mustard mixed together and smeared all over before grilling smile

CookieLady Sun 23-Feb-14 19:58:15

Grilled halloumi, then drizzle lime juice and sprinkle finely chopped red chilli over it. Yum.

Lookslikerain Sun 23-Feb-14 20:02:02

Not exactly what your looking for, but if your oven ever breaks, the foreman is actually quite good at cooking fish fingers... grin I hasten to add that I discovered this when the kitchen was being replaced.

Bloodyteenagers Sun 23-Feb-14 20:05:31

Steak. Lamb chops. Fish. Seafood. Vegetable. Diced meat. Kofte haven't got any particular recipes, we just chuck on alsorts sometimes marinades, sometimes not.

If it can go in a frying pan or under a grill it can go on the machine, with the exception of.eggs.

Aethelfleda Sun 23-Feb-14 22:03:49

Other bread products! It makes an excellent panini-type-press. Bagels, muffins, panini, wraps folded in half, with cheese/beans/tuna mayo/ham-and-cheese....

you can use it a sizzling-grill-type for marinaded things like chicken tikka, but then it needs scraping afterwards to get the marinade off.

roasted peppers and half tomatoes drizzled with olive oil work really well too... as do whole upturned portabello mushrooms with garlic butter in the gills (chop the stalks down so they don't stick out).

DaleyBump Sun 23-Feb-14 22:57:01

These are great, thanks!

MikeWazowski Sun 23-Feb-14 23:02:50

Can you do roast peppers, courgettes etc?

JenniMoo Mon 24-Feb-14 19:39:33

Fajitas? Cook the onions and peppers first then the sliced chicken then mix together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now