Talk

Advanced search

Have a chicken to cook but don't want a roast

(9 Posts)
bigwellylittlewelly Sun 23-Feb-14 09:36:03

Ideas?

We usually have a full roast chicken on a Sunday but leftovers from last night means I'll cook the chicken tomorrow. And I don't really want to have to do all the trimmings. Tuesday night leftovers will be a chicken noodle soup.

And I have to put the online order in by eleven, baby hasn't slept in what seems like days and my brain is befuddled! Thanks in advance

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 23-Feb-14 10:18:49

How about slowly pot-roasting the chicken on a bed of root veg, bacon pieces and pulses with a little stock and some herbs.... can be done either whole or you can joint it up first. Very self-contained and requires no trimmings or last-minute faffing about.

Mrswellyboot Sun 23-Feb-14 10:23:41

Have the chicken with salad and wedges.

Halve par boiled baby potatoes and add olive oil, garlic salt and dried rosemary

I add Cajun spice into mayo and its lovely

dobedobedo Sun 23-Feb-14 10:25:25

Roast in the oven, shred it, make burritos/fajitas/enchiladas.

Tigresswoods Sun 23-Feb-14 10:26:33

With cous cous
Salad
Home made chips
We do a side from one of Lorraine Pascals books with is chick peas with red onion & sultanas. Is lush
Coleslaw
Etc etc.

ClaimedByMe Sun 23-Feb-14 10:26:53

Roast in the oven then have with cous cous, salad and crusty bread, I would probably cook the chicken in the mornng so it's cold by tea time.

Thewhingingdefective Sun 23-Feb-14 10:43:41

Roast chicken. Grill some smoked bacon and chop up. Boil some new potatoes. Blanche green beans.
Assemble a bag of salad leaves (lamb's lettuce/ rocket/baby spinach/whatever) on a big plate, then scatter potatoes and beans over. Rip chicken meat off carcass and scatter over. Chuck on a full bottle of honey mustard dressing. Sprinkle bacon on.

SoftSheen Sun 23-Feb-14 10:47:18

Joint the chicken and make coq au vin.

tb Sun 23-Feb-14 12:01:03

Joint it and have tandoori chicken on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges, cucumber slices and wedges of lemon to squeeze over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now