Talk

Advanced search

Pork steak recipe ideas please - slow cooker or non slow cooker

(11 Posts)
ItsTheOnlyWayToLive Wed 19-Feb-14 21:36:10

Hi, there, does anybody have any pork steak recipes to share?
Dh had bought a couple of packs on offer, froze them, and now they need using. Any ideas would be lovely.

MTIA smile

Hobby2014 Wed 19-Feb-14 21:40:22

I whacked mine in the slow cooker today and made a casserole with a Coleman's sachet thing - cheating I know.

slugseatlettuce Wed 19-Feb-14 21:42:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frazzeled Wed 19-Feb-14 21:45:16

Grill them until cooked - then top with apple sauce and cheddar cheese, pop back under grill until cheese melted and browning.

ItsTheOnlyWayToLive Wed 19-Feb-14 22:03:45

Cheatings fine, hobby, wasn't looking for anything too complicated as its for Saturday tea smile

Frazzled, the apple sauce and cheese sound a great combination. Must nip out to buy some apple sauce.

Thanks for your replies all smile

frazzeled Thu 20-Feb-14 08:22:55

Or just chop and apple and cook it for a minute or two with a bit if water in pan or microwave - cheaper!

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 20-Feb-14 08:55:59

Top with sliced olives, gherkins and throw on some capers and some sliced mushrooms, then pour over a tin of chopped tomato. Cover foil and cook in a moderate oven for 30-35 mins. Tender and delicious.

BuzzLightbulb Fri 21-Feb-14 14:55:36

Onions, garlic, cooking and eating apple sliced, cover with cider, add some thyme an stir in some single cream at the end.

tb Sun 23-Feb-14 12:03:24

Braise in cider with a little rosemary and a bayleaf with some chopped onion.

Or, use sliced mushrooms and a spoonful of smoked paprika - was for pork fillet, but would work just as well with pork steak.

forgetdieting Sun 23-Feb-14 14:17:49

similar to the above. slow cook in cider, with some wholegrain mustard, then reduce the sauce at the end of cooking and add some sour cream. Sour cream has less calories than double cream.

ItsTheOnlyWayToLive Sun 23-Feb-14 14:53:32

All sound so delish, definitely spoilt for choice smile , thanks again all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now