Talk

Advanced search

A reliable supplier of free range, and ideally, organic meat?

(10 Posts)
needtobediscreet Wed 19-Feb-14 12:35:26

Gah! After persevering with various supermarkets annoyingly glitchy online grocery websites for a few months now, I'm fed up of items such as these being frequently unavailable when the delivery actually arrives. Today being the latest incident. The organic, free range chicken thighs I'd ordered haven't been delivered so now I'll have to make a special trip out somewhere to find some. Grrrrr!!

contortionist Wed 19-Feb-14 15:42:57

I think Turner and George are brilliant. Very reliable, deliver at 24 hours notice, and excellent value for the quality you get.

needtobediscreet Thu 20-Feb-14 18:17:39

Looks good smile but I'm not in London so delivery bumps up overall cost. Will look for something similar locally.

Blondie1984 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:15:50

Donald Russell are great

Fairylea Thu 20-Feb-14 22:16:45

Riverford might be worth a look.

needtobediscreet Fri 21-Feb-14 16:54:44

Thanks - I'll check those two.

A bit OT but I ordered a veg box from Abel and Cole about ten years ago and was v disappointed with it. It was meant for two people and had about three potatoes in it?! I guess you have more control over the meat orders though?

JamNan Sat 22-Feb-14 01:15:40

Tablehurst Farm in Forest Row (East Sussex) is excellent but sadly I don't think they do deliveries.

Paintingrainbowskies Sat 22-Feb-14 13:15:44

http://www.thestorecompany.co.uk/shop/

Paintingrainbowskies Sat 22-Feb-14 13:16:01

www.thestorecompany.co.uk/shop/

Notify Sat 22-Feb-14 13:25:32

I love Higher Hacknell

Whilst I enjoy the veg boxes from Riverford I have been very disappointed with their meat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now