Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

which pressure cooker should i get??

(5 Posts)
TelephoneTree Tue 18-Feb-14 21:27:19

A friend has convinced me!
I am having trouble thinking where to store one and currently the only option is inside my oven!

Do you love it?
Which make do I go for?
If I get a huge one can I still do small quantities in it if I like?
On occasion I need to make stews / bol for 12 people, so do I go for a large one or just do a couple of batches in a smaller one?
etc etc

PigletJohn Tue 18-Feb-14 23:46:31

They are not as big as they look because there has to be a good gap between the fill level and the top.

You can always get spares for a Prestige, other brands much more difficult. I have an old aluminium one but would try to get stainless if buying again.

I would certainly get a big one.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 19-Feb-14 14:50:19

Mine is fantastic and it's a 6.5 litre one made by WMF. No hissing or wobbly weights.

TelephoneTree Wed 19-Feb-14 21:27:06

Thank you both very much - this is all really helpful. piglet i think aluminium ones need to be disposed of for health risks don't they? I remember a big thing about it a few years ago….the metal leaches in to the food or something which is harmful.

How many people will a stew in a 6.5litre one do??

PigletJohn Wed 19-Feb-14 23:33:13

mine will do ample minestrone as a main course for 12 greedy people. That's the biggest thing I do. There is always tubs of it left over to freeze.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now