Talk

Advanced search

Easy savoury snack recipes

(10 Posts)
Bumbolina Tue 18-Feb-14 15:49:38

My 2.7 dd is getting bored of the snacks I'm giving her but is loving helping in the kitchen. We make cakes and biscuits - but are there any good savoury snacks we can make? We made cheese scones the other day which went down well, so I'm looking for other things.
We're money saving so anything we can do a batch of and freeze would also be great.

tshirtsuntan Tue 18-Feb-14 15:57:36

Cheese straws,oat cakes, muffin pizzas? Not sure of recipes but there are loads around; good food website,Annabel karmel has good toddler snack recipes.

3nationsfamily Tue 18-Feb-14 16:00:04

Flapjacks, hummus and carrot/pepper/celery/apple sticks, cheese straws/ breadsticks, French bread pizza slices, chicken satay sticks, eggy bread with cinnamon.

spilttheteaagain Tue 18-Feb-14 19:15:27

Make bread rolls for lunch? Lots of kneading/shaping/mucking around at the start.

You could have a go at falafels (I'd love to give you a recipe but they haven't gone well for me so far....) Or beanburgers? Though these are more making dinner type ideas. Pastry?

ThursdayLast Tue 18-Feb-14 19:18:44

Cheesy flapjacks?
From memory, approx 150g cheese, 150g oats, 50g melted butter, two eggs.
Mix, press in to greased dish, bake 180/200c for approx 40mins.

Lovely with soup, good mixing opportunity for a wooden spoon wielding toddler smile

AndMiffyWentToSleep Wed 19-Feb-14 16:45:24

This is a good site: littlegrazers.com/

Also I do puff pastry pinwheels with pesto and cheese in.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Wed 19-Feb-14 16:46:57

And these veg mini muffins are delicious and easy to make:

broccoliandricecakes.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/vegetarian-recipes-multi-veg-muffins/

LoveSewingBee Wed 19-Feb-14 17:17:01

Sausage rolls made of puff pastry filled with mix of mince and the inside of a sausage mixed together with some egg. Form a sausage of the ra mwat, put on sheet of puff pastry, fold, glue together with beaten egg. Bake on 210 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.

LoveSewingBee Wed 19-Feb-14 17:17:29

Raw meat

Bumbolina Wed 19-Feb-14 18:27:07

Brilliant. Thank you all, some great ideas and websites to look at. Made some cheese straws yesterday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now