Talk

Advanced search

How important is organic to you?

(5 Posts)
MamaPenelope Mon 17-Feb-14 09:21:59

Morning Mummies and Daddies,

Hope you're all well.

I was wondering how important is organic baby and child food to you? I don't know whether to swap completely to organic with the kids. Are the benefits better? What does everyone else do?

Penny xx

ThursdayLast Mon 17-Feb-14 09:25:01

It is not my highest priority. I think vegetables full stop are more important than organic vegetables.
I grew up on a non organic dairy farm.
I also think the pricing is prohibitive to a lot of families, and that those families shouldn't be made to feel bad because of that.

Snowdown Mon 17-Feb-14 11:24:42

My biggest priority was avoiding processed foods....would go for home cooked over processed organic any day. Then I check labels often organic has less crap in it but it can still be full of sugar and void of nutrition.

gretagrape Mon 17-Feb-14 14:38:11

I've never thought of buying ready-made organic meals/snacks as at the end of the day it's still processed and will have barely any nutrients regardless of the fact that it is free of growth hormones/antibiotics/pesticides.

It's important for me to buy as much organic fruit/veg/meat and dairy as I can afford each week - a lot of non-organic fertilisers/pesticides are derived from petro-chemicals and if I don't want to put them on my son's skin then I definitely don't want him to eat them!

HighVoltage Mon 17-Feb-14 22:42:34

For the kids I buy organic meat and dairy but don't worry about vegetables or fruit unless on special offer.

I do buy some organic sachets for our 8 month old DTs for emergencies (sometimes fatigue-related) they tend to have less odd ingredients in them so I feel happier I know what's going in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now