Talk

Advanced search

Thai green chicken curry - can you tell me what order to cook please!

(6 Posts)
MyArseIsbiggerThanYours Thu 13-Feb-14 17:41:17

I have chicken, onions, green beans, coconut milk, thai green curry paste, fish oil.

I want to make some of it less spicy (for dc)

Things I am unsure on are whether to cook beans briefly before hand, should I add stock at any point. I've read too many recipes and they are all different!

thanks thanks in advance smile

MyArseIsbiggerThanYours Thu 13-Feb-14 17:44:30

Fish sauce not oil! Also should I add sugar?

Minicooper Thu 13-Feb-14 18:05:44

Scoop a spoon of thick coconut milk out of the tin and put in a hot pan. Cook down til it turns to oil. Then add curry paste til fragrant (30seconds will do!) then add chicken and stir til it has turned white. Then add the rest of the coconut milk and cook til the rice is ready, adding veg about 4 mins before the end. I normally do bamboo shoots with red curry or aubergine with green, but pre-blanched green beans will be fine. Right at the end, add about a tablespoon of fish sauce, about a dessert spoon of palm sugar (soft brown sugar is fine - even granulated will do!) and stir - add a handful of basil leaves if you have some. And very finely shredded kaffir lime leaves make a huge difference if you find them - my sainsburys sometimes has them and I just keep them in the freezer if I see them. Yum!

I don't make mine less spicy for the dc - just lift the chicken out and they have that with rice

MyArseIsbiggerThanYours Thu 13-Feb-14 18:27:02

thanks Thanks! thanks

Nocomet Thu 13-Feb-14 18:30:47

Onion in min oil until translucent, chicken, chilli paste quick fry, coconut milk, fish sauce beans.

Pull DDs, more chilli paste for adults.

DomesticSlobbess Thu 13-Feb-14 18:56:23

I never use onion in a Thai green curry.

I put a little bit of oil in a hot pan, add garlic then the curry paste and cook for a minute. Then add the coconut milk. Stir in the diced chicken, fish sauce and sugar and simmer for around 10 mins or until chicken is almost cooked through. Add green beans and cook for the last couple of minutes. Grate lime zest in before serving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now