Talk

Advanced search

Camp coffee - recipes please.

(10 Posts)
feetheart Wed 12-Feb-14 13:00:00

Whilst clearing out the kitchen cupboards I have found two bottles of the stuff, both quite full blush
No idea why I bought them in the first place, have tried to give one away but no joy and I can't throw them out as I hate waste so I need your recipes please.

TIA

nickymanchester Wed 12-Feb-14 16:46:16

Any recipe that calls for coffee basically. There are a lot of cakes etc

Here is a River Cottage cake recipe that uses Camp:-

www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/8776536/River-Cottage-Baking-recipes-family-cakes.html?image=1

Here are a whole load of savoury recipes:-

food52.com/contests/235-your-best-recipe-with-coffee

feetheart Thu 13-Feb-14 20:55:21

Thanks.
Making coffee cake tomorrow smile

NorbertDentressangle Thu 13-Feb-14 20:58:05

My Gran used to add it to icing sugar to make icing for cakes.

TyneTeas Thu 13-Feb-14 22:38:10

Homemade Baileys! : )

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemade_irish_cream_18863

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Thu 13-Feb-14 22:40:43

Had never even heard of Camp Coffee until this thread so had a quick google. Learn something new every day!

feetheart Fri 14-Feb-14 07:49:11

HeartsTrumpDiamonds - if you are close you can have a bottle that will sit in a cupboard forever smile

Allalonenow Fri 14-Feb-14 07:57:52

Great for BERO Coffee Kisses, and coffee flavoured butter cream in coffee & walnut cake, and in iced milk for a quick iced coffee.

feetheart Fri 14-Feb-14 09:01:24

Adds Coffee Kisses to list of 'half term recipes to cook with kids' smile

Allalonenow Fri 14-Feb-14 09:30:41

Oh yes, Coffee Kisses are a super thing to bake with kids, my signature dish when I was about nine. <walks back into the Mists of Time>
When I was a child the BERO book was often in use, I think you can still send away for a copy of it, all easy dishes with no exotic ingredients or complicated equipment needed.
Enjoy your half-term!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now