Talk

Advanced search

Sunday lunch

(4 Posts)
skillsandtea Tue 11-Feb-14 14:43:26

If you had friends coming for Sunday lunch who are foodies (disclaimer- I hate that word but don't know how else to describe them) would you consider serving a lasagne? Something nice with fresh herbs, sausage meat, red wine with leaves/beans salady type thing. Or would you do a big roast? They are lovely, good friends and we would be having lots of very nice wine. Ps - I get into a real flap during the last 15 mins of cooking a roast and lose the plot just a little grin

SweetPeaPods Tue 11-Feb-14 14:47:12

A lasagne sounds great. Much easier for you as you can make it before they arrive and just put it in the oven when you need it.
If you want to make it fancy you could serve it with a couple of posh side dishes. Don't go to the effort of a roast as you will stress about it and not enjoy yourself as much.

SaltyGoodness Tue 11-Feb-14 15:22:08

Yes, the last minutes of a roast stress me out too!

Lasagne will be perfect, I know it's cliched but I would serve it with crusty bread - warm sourdough heated in the oven of course grin and a salad. Something like waitrose babyleaf and herb salad which I LOVE and is pretty posh without being over the top.

If they're foodies they will probably like beautifully executed simple things like that, far more than tricksy faddy things. And you will be all calm gracious hostess which is what everyone wants, not frazzled smile

skillsandtea Tue 11-Feb-14 17:46:38

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now