Talk

Advanced search

Have a choc cheesecake idea, need an expert opinion please (feel free to throw in your recipes too!)

(7 Posts)
sicily1921 Mon 10-Feb-14 15:06:08

Hi I'm thinking of trying a chocolate orange cheesecake but I can't use a chocolate orange so want to use an orange to flavour the choc. Would it be okay to mix some of the juice with the cheese/cream or would that make it go funny? I was thinking of adding some zest at the base stage or do you think it would be better in the cheese???

jojane Mon 10-Feb-14 15:11:39

I often add a spoonful of lemon or orange juice to a cheescake but I make the no bake cheesecake not sure what would happen to a cheesecake you bake in the oven though

sicily1921 Mon 10-Feb-14 16:08:42

thanks jo

tb Mon 10-Feb-14 18:25:52

I've made an enriched loaf that's rolled with choc chips and dried fruit. I've flavoured it with orange by drying tangerine peel and then grinding it in a coffee grinder to a powder.

I use the peel of 1 or 2 tangerines/clementines to 500g flour.

sicily1921 Mon 10-Feb-14 19:58:42

sounds nice tb!

tb or not tb that is the question.....sorrrrry

frenchfancy Tue 11-Feb-14 15:42:28

I wouldn't have though you would get enough orange flavour out of the the juice tbh. I think the zest is a better bet.

I had a chocolate orange cheesecake at a restaurant the otherday and I have to say it was a big disappointment. The chocolate orangyness of it seems to overpower the cheesecake so you get none of the goodness of either if you see what I mean.

I was so disappointed I made myself a white chocolate cheesecake the next day - it was the best cheesecake I've ever made grin

Taffeta Tue 11-Feb-14 15:44:14

Agree go with zest rather than juice in topping and base. Juice adds little flavour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now