Talk

Advanced search

Secondary school packed lunch?

(8 Posts)
kazzawazzawoo Sat 08-Feb-14 15:55:35

Dd 12 has been having school meals, but we're thinking about packed lunches.

What does your dc take in theirs? Are secondary schools as strict about biscuits etc?

Dd doesn't really like sandwiches much - she gets bored of things very quickly. And I hate throwing things away at the end of the day.

Secondary schools don't give a fig what they eat!

DD2 takes virtually the same thing every day - a sandwich, a drink, a cereal bar or biscuit, some grapes or an orange. I offer to buy/make her more exciting things, but she always refuses.

lljkk Sat 08-Feb-14 17:20:28

Secondary is great, they share food freely, it's so friggin' normal. DD takes in cakes to share with friends regularly.
My kids also want the exact same things every day.

kazzawazzawoo Sat 08-Feb-14 17:31:14

So I could put in home baked brownies, fruit, etc. that will help.

lljkk Sat 08-Feb-14 19:08:35

you could phone the school to reassure yourself, I suppose I might. But even our primaries don't really police lunch boxes around here.

kazzawazzawoo Sat 08-Feb-14 19:11:22

Ill look on their website.

What other sort of things do preteens take?

Beanymonster Sat 08-Feb-14 19:13:15

Secondary schools = 5 packs of crisps and a chocolate bar washed down with a coke wouldn't look out of place...

lljkk Sat 08-Feb-14 19:29:35

lol... DD is 12 & has 1/2 ham sandwich, a tangerine, a fig roll and whatever sugary things she can scavenge from the cupboard. There's massive food swapping in her social circle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now