Talk

Advanced search

What time do you eat rice pudding?

(10 Posts)
GreggsOnLegs Fri 07-Feb-14 12:55:37

We've had a tin of it sitting in the cupboard for months.
After dinner we're always too full to have it as a dessert.
When do you eat yours?

Trills Fri 07-Feb-14 12:58:51

Cold for breakfast when hungover is probably when I last had it.

Or if you want to have pudding you can deliberately have a smaller/lighter dinner.

GreggsOnLegs Fri 07-Feb-14 13:00:50

We've just had it for lunch, but as it's sweet it feels a bit wrong iyswim

exexpat Fri 07-Feb-14 13:02:10

Never. The mere thought of rice pudding has made me feel sick since I was forced to eat it at school. I might give it to the dog as a treat.

LittleBabyPigsus Fri 07-Feb-14 23:22:58

I like it instead of porridge for breakfast, as someone who can't eat oats.

Snowdown Sat 08-Feb-14 11:36:45

Love homemade rice pudding - wouldn't touch the tinned stuff - I'd chuck it, it's a waste of calories!

MilkRunningOutAgain Sat 08-Feb-14 18:29:59

We eat it for pudding after a less filling tea, such as soup or sandwiches or jacket potatoes. DS eats huge portions after athletics club or running, with a big spoonful of jam. DD likes it for breakfast occasionally, and loves it with chopped up strawberries or other berries in.

NettoSuperstar Sat 08-Feb-14 18:35:00

Never, it's one of my evil foods. <helpful>

gretagrape Sat 08-Feb-14 19:13:53

Don't you have a separate stomach for pudding? We do, it's very handy as it means there's ALWAYS room regardless of the size of dinner!

changedToday Sat 08-Feb-14 19:18:27

(Home made!) Rice pudding is a main lunchtime/dinner dish in the north of Germany where I come from. Cooked, not baked, flavoured with cinnamon and lemon. Or served with fruit compote. Mmmh, memories of my gran's cooking in the summer holidays. Now (in UK) we have small portions of it for dessert, not sure my kids would 'get' sweet main dishes - except on pancake day!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now