Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brownies

(7 Posts)
Lickitysplit Thu 06-Feb-14 13:54:16

I have a brownie recipe that takes 25 mins to cook. I want to serve warm brownies for desert at a dinner party tomorrow. If I cook them tonight for 20 mins would it be ok to finish them off tomorrow night for 5 mins so they will be warm but not too dried out when I serve them tomorrow?

ZingSweetApple Thu 06-Feb-14 18:08:02

I think that should be ok, but I think I'd cook them properly and blast micro for a minute, maybe.

can I try one, please - you know, strictly for product quality review purposes! grin

Lickitysplit Thu 06-Feb-14 21:22:02

Good idea thanks

mumbaisapphirebluespruce Thu 06-Feb-14 22:39:38

The trouble with brownies is that you really have to keep an eye on them unless you overcook, so I don't know how they would turn out being cooked once and then again, plus they keep cooking in the baking tin even after you remove from the oven. If I were you I would cook them while your guests are there. Make the mixture ahead of time, day before if you need to, and then just shove in the oven while you are cooking the main. They can them come out and they will still be lovely and warm for when you want to serve them.

DoNotDisturb Fri 07-Feb-14 11:16:14

Sorry to thread crash but I've never mastered brownies. Have tried lots of recipes. What's the fool proof way of knowing they're ready and not overcooked?

Lickitysplit Fri 07-Feb-14 11:22:11

This is recipe I use and it honestly turns out perfect...
hhttp://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1223/bestever-browniese

DoNotDisturb Fri 07-Feb-14 11:39:54

Ta v much grin will try it next time. Due to seeing this thread though I now have some brownies in the oven from a different recipe. Recipe said 45 mins which seemed ages and they seemed quite thin.... Hmmm. Might take them out after 40 and see where we are ha ha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now