Talk

Advanced search

Allergy cooking

(5 Posts)
ldj78 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:13:33

Can anyone out there give me the wisdom of their experience? I have two boys - a 3year old with a mild milk protein intolerance and an 19month old with query gluten/ wheat problems, a definite egg intolerance, and a query around lentils and tomatoes. Add to this a vegetarian husband, just to make things even more complicated. We have to put the littlest one on a strict diet to try and stop all his current symptoms (vomiting, weight loss and sore rashy skin). Given that our staples used to be a lot of pasta and egg based stuff, I enter the kitchen in despair these days and eat biscuits behind cupboard doors! Has anyone got quick, easy, small people friendly recipes that excludes gluten,wheat, eggs, lentils, tomatoes, milk and meat. Thanks!

Onykahonie Wed 05-Feb-14 23:01:05

Have you discovered Pig in the Kitchen's blog yet? If not, that would be a good place to start.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 07-Feb-14 17:03:10

Assuming you're in the UK I'd suggest you see your doctor, explain the problem and ask if you can be referred to a dietician for some specific advice on how to achieve a balanced diet given the very serious limitations you've got there. Would hope your DH is part of the solution rather than simply adding to the exclusions....

hwhite6 Fri 07-Feb-14 21:07:51

^^Pig is fab, love her recipes :-)
Your main priority is your kids diet, hubby can fend for himself if he needs to! Do you think it's all 'legumes' (as in beans & peas & soya, as well as lentils) or just lentils themselves? If it's all legumes, definitly see a dietician as you'll really struggle with protein for the kids if they're not having meat too.
If your wee-one still has a prescription formula, make sure they're still having it, as it provides an enormous chunk (if not all) of what they need.

Snowdown Sat 08-Feb-14 07:51:59

A mild korma made with paneer cheese and frozen peas.

Fry some onions, add a suitable spice paste, chop up paneer, add with can of coconut milk. Cook to desired consistency. You can add some cream, ground almonds, more water if needed. Add lots of frozen peas, heat through. Serve with rice and extra chilli for the adults. Mine like mango chutney with theirs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now