Talk

Advanced search

Leftover black beans and leftover bolognase sauce

(5 Posts)
foreverlexicon Tue 04-Feb-14 19:46:23

I made black bean burgers tonight, was an American recipe that called for Tomato sauce (those were the words) so in a fit of laziness I bought a small jar of bolognaise sauce which seems fairly similar (didn't think chopped toms would work).

But I soaked too many black beans and also have about a third of a jar of sauce left.

What can I make? Doesn't need to be together, don't mind using them in different recipes for lunch or dinner. Only needs to serve 1 or 2.

I'm really not very keen on spag bol (or tomatoey pasta in general) as always find it a bit blah and boring, hence the need for ideas!

bigbadbarry Tue 04-Feb-14 19:48:02

I'd have black bean and tomato sauce surprise, probably for my lunch tomorrow! (Mix them in with some rice and probably some chilli sauce and possibly a poached egg and that would be it.)

tshirtsuntan Tue 04-Feb-14 19:48:37

Chilli?

StarsInTheNightSky Tue 04-Feb-14 20:00:36

Mix them together, add some chopped red pepper/whatever veggies you have around, add lots of cheese and put in tortilla wraps? Could be a lunch or dinner smile

foreverlexicon Tue 04-Feb-14 20:04:09

Oooh yes I like this haha.

Black bean and tomato sauce surprise with chilli, cheese, veggies in a wrap. That sounds like a plan.

So a mix of all your ideas! (Honestly, I'm so uncreative!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now