Talk

Advanced search

calling all KitchenAid owners

(8 Posts)
Gemizzel Thu 30-Jan-14 10:07:22

I dont know if this should be in another section but thought i would try here first.

Last week I sent my KA back as it wasnt locking down. We adjusted the screw to higher/lower the head and it only locked when the beater was hitting the bottom of the bowl.

I have received it back today and they said there is nothing wrong with it, it just needed adjusting.

Anyway I just wanted to ask... when the head of your machine is horizontal and locked.. can you lift it manually with your hands without pushing the lock slider back to unlock it?

I hope that makes sense....

SilverLining Fri 31-Jan-14 12:24:55

No - I can't lift mine up without pushing the slider thing (hope that makes sense!)

ILikeToClean Fri 31-Jan-14 13:38:35

No I can't either.

anapitt Fri 31-Jan-14 14:28:13

no

dontcallmemam Fri 31-Jan-14 18:11:10

No, not without sliding the bar across. I think that screw on the side is used to adjust the height. No idea how though.

evertonmint Fri 31-Jan-14 18:20:12

I can but only because I bought a shop-soiled model where the catch was broken. I got about £150 off for that, so it's definitely a defect!

louisea Sun 09-Feb-14 00:36:03

That reminds me. I sent mine to them because the same thing happend but haven't checked it since it came back. Ought to really, shouldn't I.

Gemizzel Wed 12-Feb-14 12:34:49

sorry only just logged back on and see this... i decided to take it back to them again.. the guy proceeded to tell me that the screw just needed adjusting and then it would lock.. so he adjusted the screw, locked it and then tried to lift it up and it lifted up in his hands when it was supposed to be locked! "oh, thats not right is it" - errrrrmmmmm NO thats why i sent it back to you! sigh
Anyway, they kept it for an hour or so rang me to tell me it had been sorted collected it and it has worked like a dream since!
Thanks for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now