Talk

Advanced search

Vegan cream of mushroom soup

(4 Posts)
Redpriestandmozart Tue 28-Jan-14 08:29:25

I made this last night and it was amazing, I didn't really follow a recipe but did check online on how to thicken it.

400g mushrooms (I used white & chestnut)
1 large onion
1 litre boiling water
1 veg stock cube
squirt of marmite
2 tbsp flour
100ml Alpro single cream

I chopped the onions and mushrooms very finely using a food processor but you could do it by hand, very tiny peices.

All put into the pressure cooker (except flour & cream), let the pressure up, turn down to medium heat for 20 minutes. When ready and steam released keep it on the heat and make the flour up in a little cold water and add to soup, let it bubble for a few minutes to thicken, when it thickens slightly add the cream.

So simple to make and tasted delicious. It's not too thick and a lovely flavour smile

Breadandwine Sun 02-Feb-14 20:49:07

Sounds nice, mozart!

I bet it would be good with coconut milk - as an alternative.

Redpriestandmozart Mon 03-Feb-14 12:27:37

I think it would be lovely with coconut milk but I was trying not to use it simply because I use it in so many soups I wanted this one to have a unique flavour and it did smile

LittleBabyPigsus Thu 06-Feb-14 03:10:44

Kenji at Serious Eats as a vegan mushroom soup recipe as part of his vegan experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now