Talk

Advanced search

what can I do with pork chops?

(13 Posts)
helsi Tue 06-Jun-06 11:40:58

have 4 to cook for tea but wondered if anyone does anything interesting and delicious with theirs?

Gingerbear Tue 06-Jun-06 11:41:39

honey and mustard marinade.

helsi Tue 06-Jun-06 11:43:07

sounds nice - equal quantities? and can I use english mustard? (its all I've got)

LittleMerlin Tue 06-Jun-06 11:43:22

Smear with pesto or herbs and dash of balsamic vinegar.

YellowFeathers Tue 06-Jun-06 11:43:53

I second honey and mustard on top and then grill them.

Nice with mustard mash too.

NotActuallyAMum Tue 06-Jun-06 11:46:52

Coat them with egg white them press them hard onto raw stuffing mix - gorgeous! I could eat some right now....

helsi Tue 06-Jun-06 11:47:59

do you grill them then notactuallyamum or put them in oven?

Gingerbear Tue 06-Jun-06 12:08:50

This should do 4 pork chops:

100ml honey (I always put it into a measuring jug from the squeezy jar)
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
dash tabasco or worcester sauce
pinch mixed herbs
salt and pepper

mix all the above well, score the chops with a sharp knife, bung into a dish and leafe in fridge as long as poss - 2 hrs pref.
Cook for 15 mins under a medium grill (or better still, BBQ)

Gingerbear Tue 06-Jun-06 12:09:47

leave out tabasco if you have english mustard (and perhaps a smaller amount)

NotActuallyAMum Tue 06-Jun-06 12:10:44

I put them in the oven but they do work just as well in the grill. Makes a bit of a mess with bits of the stuffing falling off but worth it because they taste soooooo nice

speedymama Tue 06-Jun-06 12:57:27

Can I hijack please? I find pork chops very difficult to cook. It always comes out undercooked from the oven. I tend to rub it with a little olive oil and place some stuffing on top. Cover with foil and cook in oven (180 C)for about 1 hour. However, it always comes out tough and chewy. Any suggestions please? DH won't eat my pork chops now and DM mother just throws her portion in the bin so I am pretty bad at cooking them. I have tried buying them both the butchers and supermarket and the result is the same. I made a lamb hotpot on Sunday and that was beautiful, even the 2yo DTS cleared their plates so it's not the oven's fault. It's me.

Please help me!

zaphod Tue 06-Jun-06 13:07:25

Crush some cream crackers into fine crumbs. Dip the pork chops in water and then press into crumbs on both sides. Fry in oil until golden on outside. Put into a baking tray and pour in milk until it comes up the side of the chops, not covering it. Then put in oven about gas mark 5, until the milk has been absorbed, between 45 mins and an hour.

You will find these so tender you won't need a knife to cut them with, even my dd who isn't that fond of meat loves them this way.

speedymama Tue 06-Jun-06 14:29:35

Many thanks. Tenderising the meat sufficiently is probably where I have been failing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: