i'm going to sainsburys

(15 Posts)

I have come back with lots of fresh salad stuff, cous cous, cookies and treated myself to some garlic and herb chicken from the hot food section grin

Ruffello Fri 12-Jul-13 16:27:27

Tescos are selling 2 cucumbers for £1 at the moment. I made this earlier in the week. Very nice indeed!

TheFallenNinja Fri 12-Jul-13 16:15:35

The Ethnic food aisle is where the real bargains are. Good quality, bulk packs, great range, inexpensive spices.

TheFallenNinja Fri 12-Jul-13 16:14:05

Yep. Raspberry and white chocolate smile

I shall search out the lemon and corriander cous cous as I love that stuff grin

Cookies are £1 you say? ups budget to £30 to include mass cookie buying

TheFallenNinja Fri 12-Jul-13 14:23:39

Cookies are on at £1 this week smile

Twitterqueen Fri 12-Jul-13 14:21:20

coronation chicken - make it yourself of course. A little goes a long way and it is delicious

LittleNoona Fri 12-Jul-13 14:18:39

Sainsburys harrisa cous cous and lemon and coriander cous cous are both lovely - 70p ish too

Dancingqueen17 Fri 12-Jul-13 14:16:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wow, adding sweetcorn is pretty out there grin

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 12-Jul-13 11:35:45

You sure could. We're dull. If we want to blow our minds with excitement we add sweetcorn grin

ouryve Fri 12-Jul-13 11:31:44

Plenty of eggs - you can boil them or make frittata, which is nice cold, like crustless quiche.

New potatoes are cheap now and nice warm or cold.

ooh that sound's tasty. Might pop a few chillis in there to give it a bit of a kick?

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 12-Jul-13 11:26:56

tuna, mayo, spring onions, pasta for a lovely pasta salad. We've been living on it for this past week!

and I have a budget of £20.

I want to get some stuff to make lovely summer foods. Other than salad stuff what can I get?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now