Talk

Advanced search

Grill thingy

(4 Posts)
LondonMother Sat 06-Jul-13 09:26:52

Is it worth getting one? We have a grill built into the cooker which I don't use much - I tend to cook the sort of things that could be grilled either in a very hot oven or by shallow frying them. I think the reason I don't grill much is partly mess and partly lack of confidence - you can't see what's happening as easily as you can when you fry on the hob. However, as part of my ongoing campaign to lose weight and stick to a healthy diet I'd like to eat more lean meat and fish cooked in a healthy way, especially over the summer. So is it worth buying a griddle thing to use on the hob? I don't fancy buying a free-standing bit of kit that would either need worktop space or end up languishing in a cupboard. Thanks in advance!

UptoapointLordCopper Sat 06-Jul-13 19:25:16

I don't have a griddle but I use the grill quite a lot. Never found it to be messy! I grill fish, meat, sausages, asparagus (yum yum yum), peppers etc etc. I always think that it's less messy than cooking in a frying pan, and easier ...

LondonMother Sun 07-Jul-13 09:32:05

Thanks, Uptoapoint. Do you line your grill with foil and chuck it away or wash it each time? I suppose it's easy enough if it's not too big a grill pan - I'm just lazy!

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 07-Jul-13 09:40:33

Sometimes I use foil and just chuck it, sometimes I use one of those reuseable non-stick liner, sometimes just a bit of oil brushed on the grilling pan. Depending on how zealous I feel. grin Mostly just some oil on the grilling pan would be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now