Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed from all you meal planners

(11 Posts)
helsi Mon 29-May-06 08:24:12

what family meals are you cooking this week?

nailpolish Mon 29-May-06 08:31:44

hi helsi,

baked potatoes and tuna/cheese/salad

macaroni cheese

fish and chips

poached salmon and couscous

homemade burgers

sausage and bean casserole

chicken noodle soup

potato soup

ceasar salad

Medulla Mon 29-May-06 08:34:38

Wow nailpolish I'm impressed at your organisation! Do you work out what you are all going to eat for the week in advance? I have to say I just go from day to day! Maybe I should be a bit more organised!!

nailpolish Mon 29-May-06 08:37:09

yep its boring but i like to be organised, i decide what we are going ot have the week before (although i dont go as far as what days!)

it means when i go for the weekly shop i only buy whats on my list and its a great way of saving the cash, there's no waste etc

helsi Mon 29-May-06 08:41:34

whats your recipe for homemade burgers please? and does your patnr/dh eat the same too?

Medulla Mon 29-May-06 08:43:47

Part of my problem is that I live in the Med and I don't do a big weekly shop as things go off so quickly. Our local shop is 2 mins away so it's easy popping in and buying for today and maybe tomorrow. So Helsi to answer your question all I can tell you is we are having morrocan chicken tonight (oh and a BBQ on Thurs) but apert from that - no idea!!!

nailpolish Mon 29-May-06 08:46:25

me, dh and 2 dd's all have the same things

for home made burgers -

just get a big bowl, put in the mince (i used about 500g), chopped onion, handful of dried herbs, a cupful of breadcrumbs and a beaten egg

mix all up with your hands and then roll into balls and pat into burger shapes, you can grill or fry them or they are great on the barbie!

(PS I AM NOT a very good cook and you may discover a better way of doing burgers, if you do let me know!)

katiebl Mon 29-May-06 09:24:24

That's the same way I make burgers cept I use spices instead of herbs - chili powder, paprika, etc. If I'm just making them for OH I add chopped bird eye chillis (he likes his food very hot as he has little sense of taste), but haven't found anyone else who can eat them like that yet. You can also make meatbbals in the same way, but shape them into bals and shallow fry them very quickly in very hot oil (so that they keep their shape) and then cook them in a cassorole dish covered in either a tomato sauce ( can just use passata) or chunks of onion and stock, for 45 minutes on about 180.

Also I cook alot of mild curries, sometimes just as a different way of presenting vegetables (not creamy ones, but like slightly spicy stews). If you want any recipes for these just ask.

ggglimpopo Mon 29-May-06 09:57:05

Message withdrawn

Medulla Mon 29-May-06 11:58:10

Cyprus

ggglimpopo Mon 29-May-06 12:34:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: