Talk

Advanced search

Help me rescue my tiriamasu

(9 Posts)
ijustwanttobeme Fri 24-May-13 18:18:30

Am not sure what I've done wrong as my cheese/cream misture hasn't come out right this time (twice in one day I might add)

Had to beat 2 eggs and caster sugar.

Then add marscapone, double cream to s spreadable consistency.

First time, I used low fat cheese and Elmlea and it went all runny. Oops I thought, and went out and bought full fat versions, but it's happened again.

have I over whisked it? Can I add something to thicken it back up?

Why when I practice for just the family it's perfect, when I have friends over it's a disaster?

nextphase Fri 24-May-13 20:31:55

I'd suspect its the elmlea.
I've had deserts fail when DH has bought it in place of proper cream.

Lilykin Fri 24-May-13 23:55:36

I second nextphase I think it's the elmlea. Not sure hw to remedy with elmlea but try double cream next time. I know when u over whisk double cream it looks lumpy mass with liquid (I done this so many times in past.)

Allalonenow Sat 25-May-13 00:02:19

Try beating in some icing sugar to the cheese / cream mix, that might thicken it up. You could test it on just a bit of the mixture first to see if it works, also chilling in the fridge might help.

ijustwanttobeme Sat 25-May-13 08:20:19

Thanks for the replies.

Overnight, the mixture still was runny, so I have decided to chuck it out and try again.

I will not buy any low fat nonsense ( not going to help me in my goal to lose weight grin) and I will try not to overwhisk.

Surely, I can't cock it up 3 times??

SanityClause Sat 25-May-13 08:28:15

Don't add any cream, at all, unless it needs it, then just bit by bit, until it's the right consistency.

Also, perhaps try just using the yolks, rather than the whole eggs. Wish e sugar and yolks so they are light and moussy, then fold in the marsacpone very carefully, then add cream, if needed.

Freeze the egg whites, and when you have 8, make a pavlova!

lightrain Sat 25-May-13 08:28:20

Once whisked and you're mixing together, minimal mixing! Just fold as few times as you can to combine. Plus low fat/ elmlea won't work, agree with pp.

Yum tirimisu! May have to make some myself!

SanityClause Sat 25-May-13 08:28:56

Whisk the sugar and yolks!

nextphase Sun 26-May-13 18:09:40

how did the final attempt work out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now