Talk

Advanced search

BBQ - ideas for a dessert to take?

(10 Posts)
xmarksaspot Fri 24-May-13 14:04:19

Conditions are;

Not too expensive
Not loads of ingredients I dont have (have good store cupboard)
Looks good
Can travel when carried about 1/2 mile (could assemble a bit when there)

Thinking so far

Summer pudding and cream

Or

Bought meringue and lots of strawberries (cop out!!)

Any other ideas?? Dont mind baking??

Stiefeliblue Fri 24-May-13 14:14:02

last weekend we had a chocolate-fondue on the BBQ. Just put all the chocolate with some orangejuice and cream in a take away container and stick it on the hot grill,dip in fruit,bisquits and marshmellows.

xmarksaspot Fri 24-May-13 14:15:13

Brilliant idea thanks do you mix the choc with the oj and cream yes?? How much of each??

Thanks

Stiefeliblue Fri 24-May-13 14:27:38

i have no recipe as such.I mix different chocolate together (white ,dark and milk) about 400-500 gramms ,melt it over a waterbath ,add cream to make it stirable and then add orangejuice or alkohol to taste.then i let it cool off in a take away container and heat when needed.

I hope this makes sense my english is abit rusty now, that i live in switzerland.

DoodleAlley Fri 24-May-13 14:31:12

I like trifle. I know it's a bit passé but nice when it's warm. Might be hard to transport though.

tassisssss Fri 24-May-13 14:33:19

I'm going to one tomorrow and taking pavlova (which may not be brilliant for travelling but I don't generally get too many complaints!) and profiteroles.

Mollydoggerson Fri 24-May-13 14:35:37

I love trifle, good suggestion.

fruit on a skewer will be devoured by all the weight watchers, always nice to have something light on offer.

Or a Chocolate biscuit cake and cream is usually very popular.

BiddyPop Fri 24-May-13 15:03:39

You could have lots of fruits on skewers, with a small tub of the chocolate fondue for non-WW people to pig out on.

Kids would love big marshmallows on sticks, over BBQ to melt, and then eaten between 2 digestive or NICE or marietta or polo biscuits.

Baked apples? Core apples, stuff middles with a mix of brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon, and perhaps some alcohol if desired (not much), little bit butter too. Butter a piece of foil, wrap up around apple, and pop those on grill once all meat off.

Or bananas, with some chocolate (flake works well) wrapped in foil and heated. Perhaps with some caramel sauce to drizzle over.

Plain old brownies? I find they often go down very well after BBQs and tend to be easy to transport - could serve with halved strawberries on side to increase fruit goodness content.

lucamom Fri 24-May-13 16:45:23

Nigella express cheesecake. Google it, you'll love it

Geordieminx Fri 24-May-13 16:47:05

Anthony worrall thompson brownies and ice cream?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now