Talk

Advanced search

Interesting buffet dinner ideas please!

(4 Posts)
JudithOfThePascha Fri 24-May-13 12:18:25

Tomorrow night, we have another family coming over for dinner. In total, including us, there will be four adults, two teenagers and two small children. For various reasons, I need to be able to order everything in an online shop to arrive tomorrow lunch time and I will have very little, if any time, for prep.

I think the only option is a cold spread. So far, I am thinking a large chicken & ham pie, some salads and maybe some hot sausage rolls. I need more ideas for both savoury and sweet options. Inspire me, please, MNers!!

JudithOfThePascha Fri 24-May-13 13:38:44

Just bumping in case anyone has any ideas. I'm staring hopelessly at the Tesco website right now!!

iseenodust Fri 24-May-13 13:48:00

If money no object get some of those Charlotte new potatoes. Have a lovely taste with a bit of melted butter.

If working to a budget they do a large plain cheesecake (not frozen) feeds something like 12 for £5 but it's decent especially if you get some raspberries/strawberries to artistically arrange. grin

JudithOfThePascha Fri 24-May-13 14:16:44

Ooh, fab idea with the cheesecake - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now