Talk

Advanced search

A dinner involving chorizo?

(25 Posts)
Plinkityplonk Thu 23-May-13 21:50:42

What can I cook with chorizo sausage? I'm not the best cook so looking for fairly simple ideas but we all ate chorizo sausage at a BBQ recently & even my fussy ds's loved it. Would like to make a family meal incorporating it...

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 23-May-13 21:52:31

Paella? or a similar sort of thing
we make this although i substitute peas for peppers at dd1's request.

AnnoyingOrange Thu 23-May-13 21:55:06

Chicken and chorizo kebabs

Bluebell99 Thu 23-May-13 21:55:53

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167651/chicken-and-chorizo-jambalaya

This is my favourite chorizo recipe, very easy and tasty.

juneybean Thu 23-May-13 21:56:03

I make a cous cous dish using chorizo, red onion and mushroom.

LetUsPrey Thu 23-May-13 21:57:18

Similar to some already posted but it's a favourite here.

GwendolynMoon Thu 23-May-13 21:57:55

We enjoy this in our house:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1959651/potato-pepper-and-chorizo-stew-with-fried-eggs

Or slightly more complicated but even more delicious imo:
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/one-pot-meals/chicken-jambalaya.html

MisForMumNotMaid Thu 23-May-13 21:58:08

patatas bravas and I add chorizo sliced

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 23-May-13 21:59:10

eggs
<resents stupid egg-hating DC>

Monty27 Thu 23-May-13 21:59:48

A pasta bake with chorizo in? smile

fishybits Thu 23-May-13 21:59:54

The one bluebelle posted. Had it at a pot luck supper a couple of weeks ago and it's delicious.

Spongingbobsunderpants Thu 23-May-13 22:00:12

My favourite is the simplest thing ever- chopped chorizo, garlic and chillies fried in very hot olive oil. I sometimes add in king prawns too. Toss in some spaghetti and it's perfect. The chillies don't have to make it too hot - lazy chillie paste gives it spice but not too much heat.

A chef friend from a well respected gastropub told me the recipe after I said his spicy linguine was my favourite. I couldn't believe how ridiculously quick and simple it was.

singaporefling Thu 23-May-13 22:00:34

Well.... I ALWAYS add it to my shepherds pie... I use a tesco finest chorizo and chop into smallish cubes, fry separately as it releases sooo much oil, drain it or dry off with kitchen roll and add to the mince (lamb or beef) whilst it cooking slowly. It really livens up such an ordinary dish and tastes beautiful....also use a mix of potato and sweet potato mash for the top - goes down a treat in our house and after 25 years of trying to re-invent the "what's for tea" wheel, that's saying something!

melliebobs Thu 23-May-13 22:01:31

Chicken thighs with oregano sprinkled on top, chopped up chorizo and chopped up potatoes all in a roasting tray. One hr in the oven n done grin

DewDr0p Fri 24-May-13 11:30:56

Chorizo and chickpea stew.

Sauté chunks of chorizo with chopped onions and a bay leaf in a tiny bit of oil until the onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 min more.

Meanwhile parboil some waxy potatoes (cut in chunks if big) for 5 mins. Drain.

Add spuds, chickpeas, tinned toms, red wine or sherry, stock and cook 20 mins or so. At the last minute stir in spinach until wilted.

We like this with really nice bread and a green salad. It's yummy. (I serve up ds3's before adding spinach, he is highly suspicious of green food still!)

miffybun73 Fri 24-May-13 11:33:36

This is delicious and really easy to make:

Couscous with chorizo and chick peas:

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3097/couscous-with-chorizo-and-chickpeas

GinRickey Fri 24-May-13 11:35:33

Gnocchi with tomato/chorizo sauce - fry red onions, mushrooms and chorizo (plus some garlic if you feel like it), add some passata/tomato puree and maybe a bit of red wine and let it reduce a bit. Easy to add veg of your preference too, or extra chilli/paprika if you're that way inclined.

Serve over gnocchi with parmesan on top. Very, very filling!

3nationsfamily Fri 24-May-13 11:37:15

This is a family favourite here Jamie Oliver Chorizo Chicken

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 24-May-13 11:38:25

I love it in a tomato sauce with pasta. Simple but bloody lovely.

mrsyattering Fri 24-May-13 11:41:28

Dh makes a pasta dish with chorizo, chicken, courgettes, onion, garlic, chilli, tin of tomatoes handfull off fresh herbs. Fry off everything add tomatoes simmer till chicken cooked through, add whatever cooked pasta you like. Our dc's love it

KatoPotato Fri 24-May-13 11:43:51

Easiest and tastiest dinner ever:

Fry off the chorizo then add cooked linguine and Parmesan cheese. Take the pan off the heat then add two beaten eggs, combine and pop straight onto a plate.

NotAQueef Fri 24-May-13 11:47:28

we make paella (chicken, chorizo, prawns) yummy.
Also Chicken, chorizo & red pepper pithivier (as seen on GBBO) is delicious see page 7

it is delicious with prawns & garlic as a tapas dish, or just to liven up most dishes.

notcitrus Fri 24-May-13 12:25:03

Fry some up with a can of drained chickens and a bag of spinach. Adding a chunk of finely chopped chorizo or bacon is how I make any veg needing eating into a tasty meal.

Plinkityplonk Fri 24-May-13 20:35:05

Lots of great suggestions, I'm looking forward to trying them- thank you!

Limelight Fri 24-May-13 20:43:31

We eat this or at least a version if this all the time:

www.jamieoliver.com/magazine/recipes-view.php?title=chorizo-aamp-butter-bean-stew

Doesn't have to be butter beans - whatever you have in your cupboard will do. It's dead quick to cook, and it keeps well. Serve with rice, with jacket potatoes, or we've even had it on toast.

DC and I discovered last week that chorizo on home-made pizzas is lovely!

And lastly, Lidl chorizo is delicious and cheap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now