Talk

Advanced search

Ive just made a yummy egg and bacon pie for tommorrow BUT............

(10 Posts)
tortoise Mon 22-May-06 21:24:20

How long is it going to take to cool down so i can put it in the fridge for tommorrow night?

Sarimillie Mon 22-May-06 21:38:42

Not long at all - I made one of these tonight, and it was just above room temp within 10 mins. I did take it out of the pie dish and leave it to cool on a wire rack, tho. Spooky that we just cooked the same meal... was yours Nigella's recipe too?

tortoise Mon 22-May-06 21:41:03

I better take it out of the pie dish then!
How spooky doing the same pie.
Not Nigella recipe but my mums! She used to make it when i was younger and i loved it and now my dc do too.

tortoise Mon 22-May-06 21:43:37

Damn! Its going to take even longer now.Took it out of the dish and the bottom of the pastrys not quite cooked

Sarimillie Mon 22-May-06 21:49:40

Is it lovely home-made pastry? Mine was frozen... maybe that made it a bit more robust? Hope I haven't slowed you down!

tortoise Mon 22-May-06 21:54:16

I have to confess it was frozen pastry! Normally i make the pastry. You helped me because i wouldnt of noticed it wasn't cooked if you hadn't said about taking it out of the dish!

Sarimillie Mon 22-May-06 21:57:18

Oh good - hope you enjoy it!

tortoise Mon 22-May-06 22:02:22

Thanks.Hope you enjoy yours too.
Have you tried it with sausage instead of bacon? Very yummy.

Sarimillie Tue 23-May-06 12:13:50

No, but that sounds nice. Did add extra spring onion to N's recipe, tho (saves worrying about a salad!

mawbroon Tue 23-May-06 13:11:15

If you slice it and seperate the slices then it will cool quicker too. Yum I love bacon and egg pie

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: