Talk

Advanced search

Help me turn these ingredients into a meal....

(7 Posts)
SpottyTeacakes Tue 14-May-13 15:59:07

I've got the following ingredients but not sure how to put them together:

Spaghetti
Chorizo
Mozzarella

Store cupboard has:

Passata
Fresh tomatoes
Fresh basil
Dried herbs
Red and white onions

What should I do with it? smile

gaggiagirl Tue 14-May-13 16:22:57

Make a nice tomato sauce with the onions tinned toms herbs red wine and chorizo serve with spag and mozzarella on top you could even put the plated food under the grill for added meltyness. Or serve the fresh toms with sliced mozzarella and basil as a starter to the chorizo spag.ooh it sounds lush enjoy whatever you make.

gaggiagirl Tue 14-May-13 16:24:28

Sorry noticed you have no red wine no wine is just as fine in a Tom sauce x

SpottyTeacakes Tue 14-May-13 16:32:52

Mmm yum so you think do it with a tomato sauce? I'm looking forward to it already!

pregnantpause Tue 14-May-13 17:28:24

I think it's a perfect recipe for a tomato sauce. I would roast the fresh tomatoes with some oil herbs and chopped crescents red onion. when blackening and mushy I would use a fork to mash into a thick tomato sauce to coat my spaghetti. I would add the basil leaves at the end, trusting the sauce heat to wilt them.
If your feeling indulgent, mix spaghetti into sauce top with the mozzarella and put back in oven for ten minutes to melt/crisp.

The chiruzo can be roasted too, but I'm not sure it will go if it's a spicy type. But that's just me. Dh would agree chorizo improves all mealsgrin

SpottyTeacakes Tue 14-May-13 17:51:54

The chorizo was the main ingredient! I didn't have time to roast the tomatoes so used passata. It was yummy but I have a chilli flake stuck on my tongue and a baby asleep on me so can't get up for a drink!

gaggiagirl Tue 14-May-13 18:54:19

Hurray glad a good meal was had by all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now