Advanced search

Fish recipes for those who dislike fish

(12 Posts)
GeorginaA Sun 21-May-06 13:16:27

Anyone got any?

It's that time of the week again - menu planning. Under suffrance we will eat:

Fish cakes
Fish fingers
Tuna pasta bake (that's under a LOT of sufferance cos it tastes fishy)
Fish pie (cod in a cheese sauce with mash on basically)

Any ideas for some other fish ideas that fish-haters will at least try?! Preferably something that tastes nothing like fish.... pretty please?

*in desperation*

Carmenere Sun 21-May-06 13:21:45

How about a paella with prawns and chicken and peas?

zippitippitoes Sun 21-May-06 13:22:31

salmon or tuna quiche

add flaked fish to egg and cottage cheese in pastry case can add tomato and or spinach or broccoli too

Mercy Sun 21-May-06 14:11:37

Cod (!) recently posted a recipe for tuna meatballs in a tomato sauce, I think it was on the Waitrose website.

cod Sun 21-May-06 18:40:27

Message withdrawn

GeorginaA Sun 21-May-06 18:42:45

Thanks for these - the meatballs in a tomato sauce sounds promising as hopefully the tomato will mask the fish taste a little.

Keep them coming

cod Sun 21-May-06 18:44:54

Message withdrawn

FrayedKnot Sun 21-May-06 18:47:54

Make your fish pie with smoked haddock, salmon fillets, and prawns, with some hard boiled egg quarters and peas.

cod Sun 21-May-06 18:47:57

Message withdrawn

GeorginaA Sun 21-May-06 18:54:38

These are brill ta

Prawns are unlikely though, I have to confess, mainly because they give me the creeps (yes, I know I'm mental... and I don't even really know why they do).

SSSandy Tue 23-May-06 08:52:39

Out of the shell, they look too much like worms. Your kids won't touch them, mine won't.

quanglewangle Tue 23-May-06 09:00:36

Madhur Jaffrey's bbc book has lovely recipes for fish curry - cod, haddock, prawns, halibut etc.
They must be the only meals that everyone agrees on in this house, even those that don't like fish like em.
Sorry, can't give the recipes here at the mo though, I have lent the book to someone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: