Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Simple supper ideas

(7 Posts)
nilbyname Sat 11-May-13 11:22:27

My dad is in dying in hospital and I need a simple supper idea that I can make then everyone can help themselves from at various times as we take it in turns to sit with my dad.

But....
Nothing too spicey, no chicken.

We have had recently lasagne, chilli and spag Bol. Please inspire me x

nilbyname Sat 11-May-13 11:45:15

Bump

Kubalai Sat 11-May-13 11:52:49

Any big casseroles, hot pots & stews with jacket potatoes/rice/mash/crusty bread so beef in ale with mushroom, lamb hot pot, beef on read wine, pork in creamy cider.

Soup and cheese sarnies/crusty bread.

Jacket potatoes and various fillings in bowls of coleslaw, tuna, grated cheese, prawns marie rose, baked beans.

Sorry yooure having such a rubbish time.

nilbyname Sat 11-May-13 12:15:05

Jacket potatoes! Forgot about them, that's a good idea, thank you.

Keep the ideas coming please xx

Jellybellyrbest Sat 11-May-13 12:51:38

V sorry to hear about your dad...my MIL died in Jan & had similar woes with meals for lots of adults & fussy LO. We used my slow cooker a lot: stews/curries/cottage pie base/chilli. Easy to then cook a big pot of spuds or rice separately & either reheat or keep warm for an evening till e'one had a turn. Tortilla wraps pitta & cheese handy to have as they create a but of versatility if its the same base meal two days in a row. Puff pastry lids turn almost anything into a tasty pie. A vat of homemade veg soup good too. HTH.

nilbyname Sat 11-May-13 13:14:34

Thank you think I might do jackets, soup and some salady bits x

Xiaoxiong Sat 11-May-13 19:37:57

A big dish of something that can be scooped on a plate and warmed quickly:
baked ziti/penne and meatballs
macaroni cheese with spinach and peas
Tuna pasta bake
Aubergine parmagiana
Fish pie
Chicken & ham & mushroom pie

Then have a salad made up, no dressing, in a big Tupperware that can be dipped into and dressing in a bottle on the side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now