Talk

Advanced search

Have spare ribs - need recipe

(10 Posts)
Squarer Sat 20-May-06 09:58:55

Having noodles tonight so have bought some spare ribs - I usually marinade them in a bit of oil/5 spice/garlic/chilli, that kind of thing and then roast them for 25 minutes or so (a recipe I found on the net).
They tend to be a bit chewy and dry though. Not great. Anyone got any other recipes?

moondog Sat 20-May-06 10:01:20

Crush garlic and ginger.
Mix tomato sauce and/or sweet chilli sauce,soy,honey and pinch of 5 spice powder.
Marinate for about 3 hours.

Secret is to ensure that there is enogh sugar in marinade,also plenty of it (should be enough to baste them as they cook.)

You don't need oil though-enough fat on them.
This is one of my best things to make-everybody loves it!

Squarer Sat 20-May-06 10:04:36

Sounds very good! I was just hovvering on your judging thread about to post something along the lines of "today I will be judging those foodies who do not advise me on my spare ribs"

How long do you cook them for/what heat?

suzywong Sat 20-May-06 10:07:37

have a look here

Squarer Sat 20-May-06 10:14:33

Oh, that sounds lovely too SW - thanks!

moondog Sat 20-May-06 18:10:56

Oooh,why wrap 'em up?
They don't get crispy like that.

Squarer,medium hot oven for about 35 mins,turning occasionally.
Not too sure really,I just loook and take 'em out when they're done.

suzywong Sun 21-May-06 10:09:53

because that's just to cook then throught and let the fat drip off, MD, they can crisp up after they have been marinated when they are cooked for the second time -do try to keep up

moondog Sun 21-May-06 14:00:46

Hmm,all sounds a bit bloody cokmplicated to me Wong!

Fat drips off into pan with my system.

suzywong Sun 21-May-06 14:03:04

right then MD, gloves off, Marquis of Queensbury Rules
Let's be having you

moondog Sun 21-May-06 14:12:01

What are you doing up then????
After a month in Turkey I so missed pork that I bought a packet of Parma ham within hours of arriving and snaffled it all myself in the car.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: