Talk

Advanced search

Forgot to take the sausages out of the freezer

(8 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 02-May-13 14:44:50

I was planning to cook them for tea but only took them out if the freezer at around 12pm.

Can I safely defrost in the microwave?

PhyllisDoris Thu 02-May-13 14:50:17

I would just cook them from frozen. As long as they are properly cooked they'll be fine. We do it all the time. Good luck prising them apart though!

FoundAChopinLizt Thu 02-May-13 14:51:52

Also fine to defrost in micro.

starfishmummy Thu 02-May-13 14:51:55

Cook them from frozen in the oven. Just put the frozen block in and then separate them out as they warm up.

sashh Thu 02-May-13 14:52:29

Just stick them in the oven frozen, after 10 mins use a knife to separate and cook for another 20-30 mins.

fallenempires Thu 02-May-13 14:54:34

Was going to post the same response as PhyllisDoris,but if they're well wrapped you could place them in a bowl of warm water to completely defrost them.It should take about an hour maybe less if you keep on changing the water.Imho defrosting meat in the microwave doesn't really work as it often gets cooked in parts.

IsletsOfLangerhans Thu 02-May-13 14:57:04

I defrost sausages partially in microwave (to avoid the 'starting to cook' issue) - they will then continue to defrost fairly rapidly at room temperature.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 02-May-13 15:02:29

Thanks, everyone!

I also just found an old MN thread and there were a few posts giving oven-cooking instructions so I am going to attempt that and separate them after 10 mins in the oven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now