Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice on buying Casserole Dish, please

(7 Posts)
Nolda Wed 01-May-13 11:33:00

For my birthday I fancy a hob, oven and table friendly casserole dish. Can anyone recommend one that preferably does not cost as much a Le Creuset? Also, what size should I buy? I have a family of 4 but it would be nice to be able to feed 6 if we have visitors. Does about 5 litres sound right (I found this on hartofstur website)? Sounds a lot to me.

Any advice very gratefully received.

anklebitersmum Wed 01-May-13 11:49:11

This article is good, prices vary quite widely.

Try TK Maxx homeware section too. I have had a couple of exceptional bargains from there.

fallenempires Wed 01-May-13 11:55:52

I think 5 litres sounds about right as you have the option for leftovers.
I have a Le Creuset which I love but I've heard good things about Sainsburys casserole dishes too.

Nolda Wed 01-May-13 12:11:49

Ankle, thanks for the link to the article. That is very interesting. I'd forgotten about TK Maxx I'll have a look next time I'm in town.

Fallen, I nearly bought one of those Sainsburys ones but dithered and the next time I went in they had none left in the shop near me. I'll have another look.

Thanks folks.

crispsarenotoneofyour5aday Wed 01-May-13 12:19:24

I swear by my Circulon stockpot which is smart enough to go to the table. Much lighter than a Le Creuset and SO easy to clean it is untrue! stockpot

fallenempires Wed 01-May-13 12:23:29

You can buy them online too but I don't think they're on special atm sadly!

Ruffello Thu 02-May-13 23:32:22

I'm also a devotee of Le Creuset. They might be £££, but they last a lifetime. These look a good and less pricey alternative, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now