Talk

Advanced search

Nice lunch with little prep for pregnant friend and 2 small children today?

(12 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 30-Apr-13 07:19:10

By pregnant, I mean, about to drop.

If she makes it here for lunch, I want to do something nice! We have two three year olds and I have a baby - would be nice if they could have the same, but the big ones are picky so I'll have something dull like cheese sandwiches on offer.

I don't want to spend much time on it, but don't want ready meal stuff.

I can get to either a small co op or a good farm shop (prefer the second option!) so ingredients not a problem.

Inspire me please!

Pascha Tue 30-Apr-13 07:22:10

Jacket spud, salad, filling of choice. Cake. (all pregnant women need cake, it's the law)

Pascha Tue 30-Apr-13 07:25:04

Warm chicken and bacon and pine nut salad. Cake.

Fried egg sandwich. Cake.

Soup and crusty bread. Cake.

lightrain Tue 30-Apr-13 07:29:57

Does the farm shop do homemade quiches? I'd do a lovely salad (Tom and mozzarella, plus green salad - or maybe something like cous cous with roast veggies) plus crusty bread, quiche, hummus, cherry toms, etc.

Or you old go for something like lasagne with salad, or something like eggs benedict (though some pregnant people don't eat runny eggs even if they're lion marked, so maybe that's controversial!).

Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 30-Apr-13 07:30:58

Cake is a definite, yes. I could do posh soup from the farm shop (and the Heinz tomato I've got for the kids). Nice bread, lashings of butter, maybe some ham and olives.

The usual expensive trip to the lovely farm shop then. Their cake is great too.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 30-Apr-13 07:31:51

Tomatoes. I really crave tomatoes and I'm not pregnant.

She might not be pregnant by lunch time!

Pascha Tue 30-Apr-13 07:37:04

You might still be feeding the kids then.

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Apr-13 07:38:53

Pick your own naice ham, cheese, bread, olives, toms etc

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Apr-13 07:40:42

Also, posh crisps and posh ice cream.

ChunkyPickle Tue 30-Apr-13 07:52:19

Agree with Bike - something picky so everyone can have what they like..

Wraps are popular with DS, he loves taking something from each of the little pots, rolling it up, and completely failing to keep it in the wrap as he eats it

katykuns Tue 30-Apr-13 08:00:05

What a nice friend you are. I wish my friends had invited me to eat lovely things when I was heavily pregnant!

Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 30-Apr-13 08:09:55

I like the idea of the children making wraps. Trying to expand their repertoires so I'll include that.

Posh ice cream at our farm shop is sadly out of my price range!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now