(8 Posts)
Kormachameleon Mon 29-Apr-13 17:07:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ananikifo Mon 29-Apr-13 17:14:51

You'd probably like most white fish.

Kormachameleon Mon 29-Apr-13 17:21:28

ananikifo Mon 29-Apr-13 18:25:49

Trout is like milder salmon with a more delicate texture. I've only had smoked mackerel but it does have a fish taste and a more oily texture. Trout is probably the most accessible of the two, for you, but if you hate salmon that much I'm not sure if you would like it. I find it difficult to describe fish tastes. Maybe someone else could describe mackerel?

Kormachameleon Mon 29-Apr-13 18:54:21

NuzzleandScratch Tue 30-Apr-13 22:13:13

What about sea bass? It has quite a delicate flavour, perhaps you'd like that.

dairymoo Tue 30-Apr-13 22:34:59

More sustainable fish like Hake are cheaper than cod. Quite 'meaty', not fishy tasting. TBH, Tuna is quite 'fishy' tasting....are you sure it's the fishiness and not the oiliness? I do love salmon but when I was PG it was the oil that put me off, not the fish taste.

Mackerel is v oily too, but you could try smoked mackerel (lovely flaked into cream cheese with a squeeze of lemon juice & some black pepper as a pate) and see how you get on.

Others to consider....swordfish & monkfish - both meaty, but quite expensive. Sea bream, haddock, plaice - very mild flavours, you'd prob like these if you like cod.

Allalonenow Tue 30-Apr-13 22:53:18

If you have a look at supermarket fish displays you often find packs of mixed fish fillets such as trout and peppered mackerel, which would be a way for you to try a small amount of different types.
I think you would also like plaice and lemon sole and sea bass, also basa which you will find in the freezer sections.
Sainsburys frozen sea bass fillets are very good quality, I keep a box in the freezer for quick suppers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now