Talk

Advanced search

Easy Pork Casserole Recipe

(5 Posts)
mrspaddy Sun 28-Apr-13 20:10:38

Hi I use the Colman Packet sauces at the minute but would love an easy alternative. What spices would I use. Many Thanks, MrsP

blondebubble Sun 28-Apr-13 20:19:20

This is truly delicious and my go to pork recipe of the moment Normandy Pork Casserole. You don't need to bother with the shallots if you don't have, just use and onion. Also I've never had cider in and it tastes fine without it - just add a bit more stock. Only add bacon if I have some open too! I use dried tarragon and pork steaks whole that I cut up once cooked. Creme fresh is a must though!

mrspaddy Sun 28-Apr-13 20:22:00

ooh that looks lovely. I would probably stick to the dried tarragon too. Thanks so much. Great to see it freezes too.. I'm a batch freezer. Will do this next weekend smile

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 28-Apr-13 20:32:34

500g pork
2 carrots
2 sticks celery
2 onions
1 tin chopped tomatoes
500 mil cider
Heaped teaspoon flour

A few sprigs Fresh or dried sage ( or mixed herbs if that's all I have in the cupboard )

Pre heat oven 180/350/gas 4

Gently fry all veg (roughly chopped) and herbs for 5 mins

Add pork and flour

Add cider , tomatoes and some salt and pepper

Bring to a boil and put in oven 180/350/gas 4 for 2.5 hours

Really quick and easy. Nice with rice. It's a Jamie Oliver recipe and never fails. I make all my stews in this way ( swap pork and cider for chicken,white wine and thyme or beef ,Guinness and bay leaves or lamb, red wine and rosemary.

SeventiesBush Mon 29-Apr-13 11:45:44

Slow-cooked celeriac with pork & orange - very easy, very delicious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: