Talk

Advanced search

Couscous salad recipe?

(9 Posts)
TheHerringScreams Sun 28-Apr-13 17:39:45

Anyone got a good one?

Simple and easy preferably!

exoticfruits Sun 28-Apr-13 17:52:18

The best thing is to Google BBC Good Food Recipes and put 'couscous salad' in the search and you should get lots- it will even say if easy etc. I use it all the time.

exoticfruits Sun 28-Apr-13 17:53:53

I've just tried it and you get 37 recipes!

ihearsounds Sun 28-Apr-13 18:02:20

In the couscous I mix finely chopped red onion, pomegranate, cucumber, tomatoes, fresh parsley and mint. Plus to taste ground black pepper and juice from lemon and lime, and a drizzle of olive oil.

TheHerringScreams Sun 28-Apr-13 18:12:31

Thanks. Sorry, I hadn't heard of it before blush [forriner]

That sounds delicious ihearsounds.

ihearsounds Sun 28-Apr-13 18:19:33

It is. I could live on it.
Depending what your having it with, it can be a bit dry, so I do a yoghurt sauce with garlic in.

kittysmile Sun 28-Apr-13 19:32:15

I personally prefer it when you make Couscous and then when it is still warm., put some tomatoes in it, and a little bit of roasted nuts (any) and some raisins, thats perfect! Maybe a little bit of cucumber or some olives?!

TheHerringScreams Sun 28-Apr-13 20:07:55

Well, a while later, all I can say ihearsounds is it is perfect! I used what you did but swapped pomegranate for dried apricots (because there aren't any pomegranates in the corner shop and non at home and the 24/7 Tescos nearby is shut due to a fire hmm) and also used roasted line nuts. It's tasty (to me).

Xiaoxiong Sun 28-Apr-13 22:44:57

I do it almost the same as ihearsounds but with cubes of feta cheese and olives rather than pomegranates. I add roasted pine nuts too just like you did herring.

Thinking about it it's basically a greek salad mixed with couscous...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now