Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody ever made these?

(9 Posts)

Have you ever made individual fritata-esque things, in muffin tins? I have a fear of them sticking horribly.

I want to basically cook a load of diced vege, mix it into eggs, whack into muffin tins and bake a bit, then top with grated cheese and bake a bit more. Would this work?

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 28-Apr-13 16:20:07

It probably wouldn't stick if you oiled it, but you could do them in muffin cases I would think.

Thanks Twinkly. I think muffin cases would go soggy and then stick,no?

moondog Sun 28-Apr-13 18:38:18

Do it in a big pan and then cut into wedges

ouryve Sun 28-Apr-13 18:39:31

It should work fine, so long as your non-stick is up to scratch and well buttered.

MrsRandom78 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:43:20

I used to make these for DS in silicone muffin cases - never stuck and he used to scoff them!

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 28-Apr-13 18:48:44

I've done it: I like it when I have a load of people round, for an easy hungover brunch type dish. I do it in a very non-stick muffin pan, which I oiled well, with a brush.

I have also done them in the odd shaped silicone cake moulds that I appear to have accumulated (I don't actually like silicone for cake-baking).

Ah silicone ones would be good. Must buy some!

Moondog - that's what I usually do, but I thought these sounded cuter for lunchboxes. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now