Talk

Advanced search

SALT IN TUNA - QUICK ANSWERS NEEDED

(8 Posts)
PanicPants Wed 17-May-06 16:33:43

I'm in middle of making tuna & swetcorn pasta for ds, when I noticed the 'tuna in spring water' I've just bought as opposed to the 'tuna in brine' inthe cupboard has got salt in it.

It doesn't say how much, but the tuna in brine has got 0.4g per 100g in it.

Do you think this is ok to use for 8mth ds?

I'm right in the middle of cooking and have the onions, sweetcorn, pasta and tomatoes cooking already.

hunkercaribou Wed 17-May-06 16:37:44

I'd use it.

It's a one off.

He'll love it.

Use it.

Ledodgyherring Wed 17-May-06 16:37:47

I doubt the tuna in spring water has much salt in it babies under 12 months shuld have no more than 1 gram of salt a day so if he hasn't had more than this he'll be fine.
I cant help laughing at your name it is quite apt isn't it

hunkercaribou Wed 17-May-06 16:39:35

Sorry, didn't understand post I don't think - you want to use the tuna in spring water? Yes, definitely use it.

PanicPants Wed 17-May-06 16:42:49

Ok will use it, he doesn't have any other salt in his diet, other than whats in readybrek or weetabix

so it'll be ok, won't it?

I know ledodgyherring, I panic over everything - gets tedious even to me after a while!

Ledodgyherring Wed 17-May-06 16:43:52

Aww no your posts aren't tedious at all but you do remind me alot of myself as a first time mum LOL.

hunkercaribou Wed 17-May-06 16:44:59

Yes, it'll be fine.

PanicPants Wed 17-May-06 17:57:51

Thanks for you quick replies - this is what I love about mn. Where else can you get quick, random information from?!

Have made it, and he's eaten it and loved it.

Thanks girls x

lol over 1st time mum, how could you tell?!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: