Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone eaten that Nigella frozen berries with white Chico and limoncello sauce thing?

(8 Posts)
Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 21:25:38

It is in her Nigellissima book. Apparently it is a modern classic Mark Hix recipe.

The berries are served frozen with the hot sauce poured over.

It sounds rather strange but also very nice and wondering if it is worth giving a go.

Here is the recipe www.nigella.com/cookbook-corner/view/morning-to-midnight-a-book-of-chocolate-recipes-for-the-whole-day-and-night-48

Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 21:26:09

Bloody Chico? It's not Chico time. I meant white chocolate.

Fucking Chico grin

blue2 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:28:54

Yes, I've made it and eaten it too!

Its delicious and dead easy to make, but the berries need to be frozen from fresh on a board in the freezer - you can't just dump a bag of half frozen sainsburys berries onto a plate - IYSWIM!

Taffeta Thu 25-Apr-13 21:30:18

Not limoncello but yes have made this, it's also in a Sarah Raven book.

It is gorgeous, very very rich. Buy good quality while chocolate though as low quality white choc doesn't melt properly. It takes aaaages as well, a good 10 mins.

Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 21:31:56

It does look easy. Yes think a bag of berries already frozen probably wouldn't work!

That's good that you liked it, I have wanted to try it but I never cook puddings so don't have a clear idea of what will work or not iykwim.

Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 21:33:52

10 mins for white chocolate to melt? Blimey.

Re white chocolate I have got some of that Menier patisserie chocolate, would that be good do you reckon?

Thanks by the way.

Taffeta Thu 25-Apr-13 21:39:42

Both times I've made it I've used Sainsbos/Waitrose frozen bag o berries, just take them out the freezer 5-10 mins before so you can separate them.

Not sure about Menier, is it cooking chocolate? That stuff makes me nervous. I used Lindt white choc bars broken up.

Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 22:47:55

Yes it is cooking chocolate, good idea about the Lindt.

Thanks very much, will have a go at making this this weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now