Talk

Advanced search

frozen meals to microwave at work

(5 Posts)
ArabellaBeaumaris Thu 18-Apr-13 13:37:22

DP's shifts tends to mean he is there for lunch & supper, & the man can't survive on sandwiches alone. I am planning to batch cook some stuff so I can freeze in one-man portions & he can microwave them when he gets a chance at work. Any suggestions? I've thought of

dahl
stew
shepherds/cottage/fish pies
lasagne

Any other inspirations? Hand held stuff like origiri also acceptable suggestions smile

UptoapointLordCopper Thu 18-Apr-13 13:48:39

I've got a microwave at work so I generally just take whatever is left over from the previous day's meal and zap it for lunch. But this just gives me an opportunity to post my favourite ever (after MN, of course) website: justbento.com/recipes. grin

spilttheteaagain Thu 18-Apr-13 15:00:54

chilli

soup

EMUZ Thu 18-Apr-13 22:18:40

Sausage casserole? Or sausage in onion gravy?
I portion my food up for a few days. This weeks is chilli and sweet potato mash. Sometimes I have curry or I cook a thing (descriptive I know!) which is basically ratatouille with shredded chicken and rice in

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 19-Apr-13 14:42:23

I've been doing this for DH for ages, pretty much anything microwaves fine! The only thing that we've found doesn't do well is chips or rice so if he wants those he takes micro-pots of rice or micro-boxes of chips.

lasagna
cottage pie
spaghetti bolognese
sausage or chicken pasta bake
chicken wraps or pitta breads
chicken or beef pies/pasties and mash
quiche and chips
chicken curry and rice
stews (chicken or beef or sausage) and mash
wrap-pizzas
chilli and jacket potato
chilli and rice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now