Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a good chicken curry recipe?

(5 Posts)
Katnisscupcake Wed 17-Apr-13 19:57:52

I'm looking for a good and easy chicken curry recipe, preferably with veg like cauliflower, courgettes etc.

Any ideas?

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 17-Apr-13 20:06:32

I do this which is v quick and easy:

Mix curry powder (any) with enough oil to make a paste in a saucepan. Or use paste from a jar. Chuck in chopped up chicken and onions until chicken browns. Put in passata and any other veg (we use chopped up carrots) until chicken and veg is cooked, you may need to add a bit of water. Mix in plain yoghurt at the end (about equal amount as passata)

jenduck Thu 18-Apr-13 13:08:28

Mine doesn't involve the kind of veg you mention, but you may be able to adapt it. It's my version of a Weightwatchers Chicken Tikka, so very mild.

Mix some curry powder & garam marsala (sp?) into some natural yoghurt, along with a few drops of lemon or lime juice. Marinade meat in this for at least an hour. To cook- chop 1 onion & fry it. Add meat plus 1 tin tomatoes & 1 cup stock. Simmer for 30 mins.

Serve with rice & naan. Yummy smile

Katnisscupcake Thu 18-Apr-13 15:34:43

Ladies,

Thank you both! They both sound great, I will try them.

We seem to have a whole cupboard full of Indian related spices thanks to my DH's visit last year to a friend who lived in Crawley and took him to an Indian shop where he gets all his curry bits and bobs from. So will have a look for Garam Marsala!!

Thanks again.

Mondrian Thu 18-Apr-13 15:39:17

It's all in the curry powder and I make it from scratch as well as the stock, let me know if that's what you are looking for as its hardly a quick and easy recipe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now